At One With Nature
As humans, we are part of nature. If we hurt nature, we hurt ourselves. It is in our own interest, as a company and as humans, to recognize that our products may have an impact on the environment and to make every effort to lessen these impacts and to protect the health of our planet.
Our Environmental Management System
Salus Haus (Salus) has committed to a comprehensive environmental management system (EMAS) that involves all company areas —from purchasing to production and shipment of our products. As part of this EMAS, we have participated in an eco-audit since 1996, which includes an environmental report published every three years that details our actions and data regarding the environment, including our use of resources, energy, emissions, and waste. Our environmental report is an important tool in measuring our efforts to continuously improve our environmental performance.
Learn more in the Salus Environmental Report
Our Environmental Guidelines
- We pledge to continuously source as large a percentage as possible of our raw materials from organic farming, promoting economic activity in harmony with nature on a global level.
- We believe that environmental protection is only achievable when the whole team is involved and motivated. For this reason, all Salus employees are continually educated and as well-informed as possible, so that they can play an active role in environmental protection.
- With environmental protection, problems have to be tackled at the root. Consequently, we test each and every new ingredient, product, procedure, and new activity to assess its environmental impact.
- We commit ourselves to comply with all legal requirements.
- Our interactions with the environment are constantly monitored, documented, and analyzed for opportunities for continual improvement to help protect our planet.
- We encourage all our employees to play an active role in improving the company's environmental protection guidelines. Suggestions for improvement are positively accepted and rewarded.
- We encourage our customers and the public to critically appraise us and our products and to share suggestions to lessen our environmental impact.
- We constantly work on reducing our consumption of raw materials, particularly in terms of water, energy, packaging, and transport.
- We pay particular attention to the use of auxiliaries (e.g. detergents, disinfectants, and lubricants) to ensure that they are as environmentally friendly as possible, and that they are disposed of in a way that is not harmful to the environment.
- We give preference to suppliers and companies that pay as much attention to environmental protection as we do, and we involve them in our protection activities.
- We have a fault management system to avoid environmental pollution and to ensure that people and our community are not harmed in the event of an accident.