When you’re looking to quench your thirst on a hot summer day, there’s nothing better than an ice-cold cup of lemonade… well, except for a glacial glass of homemade Sparkling Pink Lemonade with our organic Red Beet Crystals! Keep reading for the recipe.
Red Beet Crystals: All the Benefits of Beets—in Convenient, Tasty Crystals
Beets are packed with an array of nutrients. They’re especially rich sources of potassium, magnesium, folate, manganese, and vitamin C. And they even contain a fair amount of iron. They’re also abundant in natural compounds called nitrates and pigments known as betalains (responsible for their bold color) that are believed to be beneficial to health.*
In other words, beets truly are a superfood!
But if you’re not a fan, or simply don’t get the chance to eat them as often as you’d like, don’t worry: You can still enjoy all the benefits of beets.
Our Red Beet Crystals are a quick and easy way to give your meals and beverages a nutritious boost.* They’re crafted from the juice of freshly harvested organic beets, extracted without the use of any heat, solvents, or chemicals.
Each jar contains the equivalent of a whopping 15 cups of beets, with no artificial additives or preservatives. They’re non-GMO, Certified Organic, and vegan, so you can feel great about using them in the kitchen.
What’s more, they’re instantly soluble and naturally sweet, making them a perfect addition to smoothies, baked goods, and beyond—the options really are endless!
Sparkling Pink Lemonade
To, ahem, spark inspiration when it comes to cooking with our crystals, we’re sharing this delightful Sparkling Pink Lemonade recipe. On top of boosting the lemonade’s nutrient content, the addition of our Red Beet Crystals also gives the drink its characteristic pink hue—without the need for any artificial coloring.
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup water
- 3 large organic lemons
- 3 cups sparkling water, chilled
- 4 tbsp organic Red Beet Crystals
1. First, make a simple syrup of equal parts water and sugar: Bring 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a small pot on the stove, then simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved—this should take just a few minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely by chilling in the fridge.
2. While the simple syrup is cooling, juice the lemons into a measuring cup or a glass or bowl. You want at least 1/2 cup of lemon juice; 3 large lemons should do the trick, but you may need more or less depending on the size of your lemons and how juicy they are. Set aside.
3. In a separate glass or bowl, dissolve the Red Beet Crystals in 1/2 cup water.
4. After the syrup has cooled and once the lemons and crystals are prepared, combine all the ingredients in a medium-to-large sized pitcher.
5. Pour the lemonade over glasses of ice. Cheers! Optional: Enjoy with lemon slices and garnish with a lemon twist.
Recipe and photographs courtesy of Amy Ortiz
A superfan of our superfood supplement, Amy Ortiz is a photographer, food blogger, and content creator in Asheville, NC. She enjoys living a simple yet enriching life on a farm, raising a multicultural family, and cooking wholesome and delicious homemade food. Amy is the creator of the Señora Amy Ortiz blog, which features an assortment of authentic recipes from around the world and her own original culinary creations. She is also the creator of Spicy Grandmas—a YouTube Channel series—where she learns to cook from the world's most endearing and daring grandmothers.